TIPS TO FOLLOW TO MAKE FASTING HEALTHIER
1. Eat small meals and do not starve yourself. This will help maintain blood glucose levels and prevent you from feeling low.
2. Keep yourself hydrated .Drink lots of water and fluids like coconut water, lemon water, green tea and buttermilk.
3. Combine high carbohydrates like potatoes and sabudana with other fibrous vegetables like spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, ghia etc. Also try to bake, roast or grill vegetables instead of deep frying them.
4. Curb those evil sugar cravings by eating a lot of fruits raita, dates, apple , samak rice kheer.
5. Try and adapt healthy snacking and dont binge on namkeens packet as they are high in salt and fat content.Instead opt for roasted makhana, mix of nuts.
6. Amaranth is the best protein source you can include during fasting. Make amaranth porridge with milk or cook it as namkeen daliya with lots of vegetables.
Happy Navratra !!